Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Complain, complain, complain...

There is always something to complain about isn't there? Living in Minnesota, we should be overjoyed that it's not 30 below and snowing right now. We have something new to complain about, though... (read the following with a whiny voice)... "It's tooo hottt and ssssticky". You gotta love it. I do mainly because I'm one of them. Can I defend myself against my own rantings? The only time I complain about it is when I'm trying to sleep. Our apartment is on the 3rd floor (top floor, where all of the heat collects) with only an old, broken air conditioner- in the living room- far, far away from the bedrooms. There is virtually no ventilation in our bedroom, which ends up feeling like a sauna anytime the temperature gets above 70 outside- or someone uses the washer and dryer (located outside our door).

Hmm... that felt good to voice that. My pastor said that when you voice something you are struggling to overcome, it loses power. I'm pretty sure this doesn't fall into the category he was referring to, but let's just pretend it does. Okay?

Today was a great work day... it's my coworker, Michelle's birthday! Being that it's a family run operation, they really go all out for birthdays (I told you about what they did for mine and another gals just last week). We had chicken broccoli alfredo pizza (amazing!) for lunch, and they got us all DQ specialty drinks for dessert. Ahhhh.... refreshing and tasty. Besides all of this, I tried to do special things for Michelle throughout the day- partly because I'm a birthday freak, but mostly because she's had such a rough time lately. She needs to know how special she is. Michelle is Rian's mom, the little girl that Matthew and I created a blog for when they went down to Florida for Rian to receive hyperbaric treatments (they just got back last week). Michelle, if you read this... you are the BEST supervisor ever!

I better head out- tonight is another roudy night of youth group. Matthew is already there riling up the worship team... I mean practicing.

P.S. Last night I accidentally kicked something (while barefoot) and ripped off my baby toe nail in the process. It's still connected by a little bit- so that's good. Actually it's really gross. It bled quite a lot. How do you tell if the whole thing is planning on falling off? Is there a doctor in the house!?

5 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

Your poor baby toe! I think if it's going to fall off, it just does in its own time...sort of like a tooth. I had it happen to me once after I slammed my own thumb in a car door. It took a couple days before it came off. Ewww.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

ack- that makes me cringe! Is your thumb okay now?

10:58 PM  
Blogger donna said...

that happened when i was in high school- for several years the nail was a little bit different than my other thumb nail, but it's almost completely back to normal now :-) it was really gross, but it was kind of interesting to watch how it grew back. another ewwww. i'll stop now.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Rich and I bought a $99 single-room ac, and it was the best money we ever spent. (i think I said that every night we used it too) Costco man...

ummm the post was totally cute until you started sharing about your toe nail hanging by a thread- while I feel bad, that totally grossed me out. plus, nothing feels worse than a stubbed toe. it is like the highest amount of pain in one spot! I hate that.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

We bought one of those too- and were able to use it last year. Our landlord decided this year we are not allowed to use it!
Hey guess what- I miss you, cuz!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home