Sunday, May 07, 2006

I would not go back.

Being a teenager was not easy for me. I was so small, and because of my quiet personality I was picked on frequently. I hated going to public school. The fights, the drugs, the drinking...

Things are so different now. I'm afraid of what things will be like when Matthew and I have children. What will life be like for them? Not that one cannot successfully survive in a public (or private) school and go on to fulfill their dreams- that is up to each individual. It is good for us to overcome things that threaten to overtake us. Is it necessary, though, for every student to be forced to choose between life feeling outcasted (choosing to not do drugs, drink, have sex, party) and the life of a poser (doing those things just to fit in)? Working with students at our youth group, it breaks my heart to watch students choose the latter path. Without knowing it, or perhaps not caring, they throw away their souls just to fit in with people that could not care less about them. If they chose to set aside the partying lifestyle, how many of their friends would still be around to help them pick up the pieces?

I was on myspace today- and wanted to throw up. I hurt for those students that are searching for love and acceptance in the wrong places.

You and your friends, you say you love each other? Do you always sit back and watch the people you love throw away their future for a moment of ecstasy? Your friends are dying in front of you. Your friends are sitting back and watching you slowly kill yourself. They laugh when you stumble and fall over drunk. Life is just one big party, isn't it? What will happen when your life spins out of control? In your weakness, who will save you? It won't be your 'friends'. Their life spins faster than your own. How does someone who is lost, themselves, lead another out of the wilderness?

At that point, at the end of your rope, there will be Jesus. He waits patiently, arms wide open, just as He's waited for you each and everyday. I hope someday, you will see past yourself and your selfish desires to find healing in His arms.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i emailed you!!!

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home