Wednesday, May 03, 2006

today...

I've been filled with this overwhelming sense of expectancy. I'm not even sure why exactly I feel so anxious. There is a lot going on at work right now- maybe it's partly that. The weather keeps flip-flopping from really warm and sunny to freezing cold and rainy- maybe that's a little bit of it. Matthew and I are trying to figure out this whole marriage thing- how two people that God created so differently can mesh to create a loving environment- probably a lot of it is from that. My niece, Zoey, is undergoing testing to find out why her 6- year old body is trying to be a teenager- that is definitely on my heart everyday.

On top of those things, I have a huge burden for one of my coworkers. The gal that I work under (Michelle) has had more trials in the last week than any person should endure in a year- and she continues to exhibit amazing strength. She has a 2-year old daughter, Rian, that has grand mal seizures everyday, and because of her medical expenses the family of 5 is selling their home to pay for doctor bills. In the last few days we've had an insane amount of rain, which caused their basement to flood (over 3 inches of standing water at all times) so they have been taking shifts vacuuming the water out (in the middle of house showings). Today one of the other kids came down with strep throat and another is sick as well. Tomorrow they are all flying down to Florida for Rian to receive hyperbaric treatments to help with the seizures. Crazy, right!?

Last night Matthew and I decided to do something special for them. We designed a blog for them to update friends and family about Rian's progress. She was so excited today when I showed it to her- her expression was well worth staying up half the night to finish it. If you want to check it out, the address is: rianshope.blogspot.com. I spent a good share of today showing her how to blog and teaching her to post pictures. It will be exciting to see her take it and run with it.

It's really neat to be able to create things like this with Matthew. He has so much knowledge of html and websites and is a really good sport about me asking him to 'tweak' various things. And doing special things for people that really need a blessing- it feels amazing.

This last weekend, Matthew and I looked after Zoey and Jacob, two of my sister's 3 kids. We had so much fun! Our goal was to get Zoey's mind completely off of the numerous doctor's visits she's had to endure in the last couple of weeks, and to interest Jakey in something other than tv for a couple of days. Saturday we took them to the YMCA- they have a great pool area complete with a big waterslide. Neither of the kids are swimmers yet, so they were a bit scared, but you should've seen them when they got brave enough to go down. Zoey's is quite proud to tell anyone who will listen that she went down the slide 29 times (about half was with me) . Jakey took a little more convincing- but he did end up going maybe 5 or 6 times with Matthew holding him up at the end so his head didn't go under. We did so many fun 'kid' things- it was a blast! Our apartment feels empty without them running around tormenting the dog.

Tonight we have youth group, so I'm off to prepare.

Holla.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Cherry said...

I love you!

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home