Wednesday, May 10, 2006

this is my birthday song- it is not very long.

May 11th is my favorite day- even though I'm getting past the part where turning older is a novelty. It feels like I have a secret all day. If people don't know it's my birthday, great. I can enjoy my secret even more. Oh, by the way- I'm turning 28 tomorrow. According to my mom, though, I've already lived 28 years so technically I should be turning 29. Weird thought, right!?

Tonight at youth group was so great- a terrific end to a not so terrific day at work. I ended up working from 8am- 6:30pm to get a big project done. I'm still very thankful for my job- this was just one of those days. As I was saying, youth was terrific- high energy worship I'm so proud of my husband-he really opens himself up for God to use him. It amazes me how often God gives him something to say that is right on what those students need to hear.

Good story from tonight. Shane and Amanda (two friends of ours that recently got married) came so Shane could rock out with the worship band. He's phenominal on guitar! During youth, they put together a game for some junior highers to tp the new junior high youth pastor (tonight was 'initiation night'), so there were toilet paper rolls laying around afterwards. While Shane and Matthew were putting away equipment I started tp-ing Amanda out of curiosity at what she would do. To my delight, she just stood there, so I kept wrapping her up like a mummy. (Keep in mind that this is the first time Amanda has ever been to our youth group) From across the room, students started flocking around her and wanting to help, having no clue who she even was. Soon there were half a dozen students wrapping her up from head to toe, and I just stood back and watched the whole thing, laughing. It was so great!

Welp, I'm off to prepare for my birthday! That is, sleep. Matthew is clearly up to no good in the other room. His response to 'What are you doing, Matthew?' was 'None of your business.' I better go make sure he's not turning the air freshener into a blow torch again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home