Wednesday, May 17, 2006

and the birthdays keep coming...

It is so windy outside today! Ever have those dreams that you start flying for no reason? Or that you are driving down the street, hit a bump and take off? Those dreams would be sweet if there wasn't the impending, 'I'm falling towards the earth with no parachute' feeling that follows. Anyways, that's how today feels. Thankfully no one's noticed that all of my pockets are stuffed full of rocks to prevent any such occurance from happening.

We celebrated birthdays today at work- mine and another gal's. It's obviously not my birthday anymore, but who am I to say no to free pizza, presents, birthday cake, and a gerbera daisy plant? It is also my Uncle Kenny's birthday today- 83. He is one of the sweetest people I know. He's so happy to be alive, always laughing and smiling. Even when he had kidney stones a couple of weeks ago and his skin turned orange, he kept on smiling. Matthew and I went over to Uncle Kenny's apartment building for his party. He was so happy to see us... which made it worth the awkwardness of discussing the life story of the man mowing the lawn, with his friends.

Bertie is launching her food all over the kitchen again- time to put a stop to the madness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home