Monday, May 29, 2006

am I dead yet?

This weekend has been a whirlwind of birthday activities (Matthew's), graduation parties, driving... oh and suffocating in our apartment. Last night we came back from taking Kristin to the airport (she's headed off to Italy again) to well over 100 degree apartment. Gross. We spent a couple of hours trying to cool the place off with strategically placed fans. That did about as much good as taking an icecube out and expecting that to cool off the place. We went to bed very much with the 'If you even think of touching me with your sticky fingers, I'll punch you in the neck' attitude. We slept very little (which is terribly sad considering we were both able to sleep in) and woke up dizzy and cranky. Poor Bertie just laid there lethargic and panting. I even (accidentally) stepped on her when I got up once, and she barely flinched.

Tonight we had our landlord up, so he could actually FEEL how gross it is up here. He and Matthew then worked at assembling a ceiling fan to put in our bedroom, to keep us from dying in our sleep. It still is not up- the wiring was off or something- but we have it sitting on our living room floor fully assembled.

To-morrow, to-morrow, I love ya to-morrow...

A carpenter is coming to put it up and they will also work at fixing our window unit that is not functioning. If that doesn't help, we're going to camp out on someone's living room floor. So all you Willmarites... beware! The Cherrys may be calling you tomorrow (dun dun DUN).


PS- Did you guys see my new clustrmap at the bottom of my links? It tracks where people are viewing my blog from. Pretty sweet, right? You can get your own (they're free) just by clicking on it, registering, then pasting the html into your blog. All you new visitors- leave me a comment... I'd love to know who's out there! Thanks for stopping by :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home