Friday, March 10, 2006

Workin' it...

Last night's workout was quite the ordeal. I did not break out the leotard- actually I already gave that away to my 5 year old niece, Zoey. It took me about 20 minutes just to find my sneakers, which I bought at Payless 7 years ago. Note to self: go buy new shoes. It took me another hour to get Matthew off of the computer and into his gym clothes. For the next 15 minutes he proceeded to prance around the apartment in the jogging outfit his bro, Gord, bought him for Christmas.

We were quite fortunate to have our neighbor Sally (who happens to be a personal trainer at the Y) go with us to show us how to work the weight machines. We proceeded through the checkin process, where we were assigned cards with our pictures on them. Somehow I managed to get one with yet another way to spell my name wrong, Cristian. Interesting.

All in all, the work out went really well! I'm really excited to get into shape. We're going to go with Sally again next week so she can show us the cardio machines. It's so helpful having her there, because she's set up workouts for us and helped us find our individual settings for each machine.

I have to run now. We're leaving in an hour for Duluth and I haven't started packing yet. Have a good weekend, folks!

1 Comments:

Blogger nokomis said...

I don't think I could find running shoes in my house even if I had 20 minutes. I can relate to your saituation so well... I even flew to Iowa with tickets issued to a "Crielle".

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home