Wednesday, March 08, 2006

wobbly bits

Matthew and I got a membership to the YMCA last week. We are going to go tomorrow night for the first time. Reason I'm telling you this? Because we need to be held accountable. There are a million excuses I can think of to NOT go... but it is 100% necessary. We need to get into shape.

What happens if I get in there and don't know what I'm doing? Will they revoke my membership? I have this fear of looking like a moron while working out. When I was in gymnastics for all those years we never used all these crazy machines- throwing my body around was enough of a workout! I know everyone is all sweaty and smelly, but I would rather not be the evening entertainment... the one that everyone watches from across the room.

I'll have to dig out some of my old gymnastics leotards. Perhaps the aqua blue spandex one. That'll be a big hit- especially with the coordinating floral print spandex shorts! Hey, if they're gonna stare anyways...

Anyways, the reason I brought this up... PLEASE keep me (us) accountable in the exercising department. If you live in the area, feel free to join me, or drag me to 'the Y' (as all the cool kids refer to it as).

3 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

You're hilarious Cristina!

I'm kind of in the same situation-just started going to the gym again a few weeks ago. I've found that going to classes helps, and if you find someone to go with you to the classes, it's even better!

Also, a friend of mine is training for triathlons and other events, and she has a training blog linked to her blog. It's inspiring to see all the stuff she's doing. I've thought about doing this, but have yet to find a free online thing that I like (besides hers, which is mainly set up for triathlons). I'm not sure if I'd want to link it to my blog, but I think you might be able to link to buddies within the system. Perhaps we should do that! I think it would really help with motivation when you can see what you've done each week, and when other people can see it too. Fun fun!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hey, you used to work at the Dordt Rec center so I am confident that you know how to work those machines!

10:42 PM  
Blogger meganleah said...

I am impressed with both you and Donna's exercising adventures. My daily excerise consists of lugging my 2 or sometimes 3 (when I'm taking care of my sister's boy) around the house. Or for more fun lugging 2 or 3 children each with 5 pound diapers bags...and oh don't forget my purse in the smallest amount of trips possible. I also take power walks with my children in a double stoller. I believe this trumps your leotard get-up. People often stare as we walk by, especially if there are a number of limbs flailing from the stroller.

Way to go! Keep on truckin'

-Megan

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home