Monday, January 09, 2006

done.

Well, I did it. I went into work this morning, met one-on-one with my manager, and as he was asking me about my sales goals for 2006, interjected, "Um, yeah, about that..."

He was actually very gracious about it. I was so relieved. He tried in several ways to change my mind, but my mind was made up. He could tell that, and backed off. In the next few weeks before I am done completely there, I'm not going to go into detail about all of the things that went on with management. Instead, I'm going to focus on relationships... letting my coworker friends know they are valued. I want to go out with integrity. My manager asked me not to tell the rest of the crew yet- he doesn't want to raise panic. He wants to make sure he has someone to fill in my place beforehand. I think he's afraid that if he tells them now, they'll all start quitting one by one.

THANK YOU so much for everyone's encouragement. I know to some of you, this may seem like small potatos- not that big of a deal. Anyone reading this that is a 'people-pleaser' by nature will relate. It's really hard feeling like I'm letting down people I care about. BUT, time to move on. This will be great!

Ooh- and I got a great visit from the 'Get out of Dodge' boys today! (The first person who remembers who they are gets 25 gold stars.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would I get the 25 gold stars if I said they were the guys that got distracted by Matthew? Did they buy anything today?
It must feel great to have already broken the news to your manager.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

YES! 25 gold stars for you... but who are you?

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home