Friday, December 30, 2005

help please!

Could someone possibly help me contain my excitement? No, didn't think so!!!

Today I had a job interview at a travel company. The crazy part, I didn't even have to go looking for this job. A gal I went to highschool with (Mary) came into Slumberland a few months back and asked me if I'd ever be interested in working there. She was so impressed by my work ethic and eye for detail that they kept coming back to me for more and more furniture. At the end she asked that I think about going to work for this company (her family owns and operates it).

Seriously, it was like they created this job with me in mind. I thought I would just be answering phones and taking reservations for travel packages, but no. There is much more to it than that. Mary asks me during the interview, "I don't know if you have any interest, but we have a need for a graphic designer as well." I proudly told her, 'Why yes, I have 2 degrees in graphic design.' Coincidence, I think not. This company seems really great! They put travel packages (group tours) together for people to travel around the state, the country, and overseas. People go through their catalog and pick out where they'd like to go, and then the trip is planned out for them. Being that I have such a passion for traveling, this really excites me. They said Matthew and I might even be able to lead some trips together!

I'll get a call next week with their final answer and pay offer (Mary's parents that own the company are out on a trip) but she seemed really excited about me working there.

What makes me so giddy inside, is that I know God has been planning this for me. He mapped it all out, planted the seed in Mary's head, gave her the guts to ask me (while I was working, mind you) if I was interested, and you know I've had a rough time lately at my current job (if you read my blog occasionally). I love the customers, and the people I work with, but the management is killing us off one by one. I wouldn't be surprised if I went into work tomorrow and they had a set of shakels and a ball and chain with my name engraved, waiting for me in my locker.

I went online last night and found a site with advice on how to resign gracefully. They even had letters to pick from! Mine is done and printed. Regardless of what happens with this new position, it's time for me to go, and SOON! But I will not join in their game of guilt and get all emotional when I leave. I know they will put up a fight (because I have the highest number of furniture $$$ delivered out of the whole store this month) but I am prepared. Prepared to keep my mouth shut despite my frustrations, and show them Jesus.

I'll let you know what happens!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) YEAH! is that the place sara worked at? i think it is, Mary sounds family. what is it called again? i am excited!!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Cristina, that is so perfect. I am excited to see how it all plays out! Have a great new years.

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! Did she show up at your store knowing you worked there or did you just happen to be in the right place at the right time?
Happy New Year!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Gordo said...

Awesome!!

Happy New Yeeeeeeeeeears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

G

9:25 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

She didn't know I worked there. We didn't know each other that well in highschool. She said she was just impressed at how well I handled their business.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home