Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Can I have a free iPod too?

Okay, so I was a bit skeptical about this, I admit it. My cousins (Rich & Melanie) said it could be done. They signed up for a free iPod... and have it in their posession as I type this. Seriously.

I'm going for it too. I would LOVE it if anyone would go through the program with me. Here are the steps- very easy!

1) Go to this link: http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=25980718
This is my referral link- I would really appreciate it if you went to this one specifically (it is how I will receive an iPod).

2) Pick out the iPod you want at the bottom of the page. You can get a Nano or video iPod. This is the one I picked out:

3) Sign in, then choose which offer you will complete to get your Nano. I picked Rhapsody. You get some free tunes and can cancel it a couple of days after you sign up. (make sure you have your 'cookies' enabled or it won't get credited towards your Nano)

4) Have 5 friends go to your specific free Nano link and complete 1 offer. Then they'll get started for their free iPod too. (again, mine is: http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=25980718

5) Get your Nano in the mail!!! The length of time is determined by when you complete your 1 offer and when you get 5 referrals and they complete 1 offer. That's all there is to it!

I know, it seems a bit lame asking my friends to do this. Seriously, though, I don't think you will regret it one bit. Unless you don't want an iPod. In that case, give it to someone who does want it. If you have any questions, you can post to me on my blog. Matthew and I have been researching this a bit more after hearing about it from Rich & Melanie.

I'm quite excited to get my own iPod... let me know if you signed up under me so I can track it on my page- and refer people to your link once mine is full. Happy iPodding!

***In case you're interested, WIRED magazine totally backs this website with a write up entitled 'Making Free Ipods Pay Off'. Click on this link to read about it: http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html
(but PLEASE come back to my blog so you can refer from my link!)

13 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

hey cristina,

just saw your comment on my site (peterli.blogspot.com) - you were wondering about how to keep track of visitors to ur page? everything is done free through www.statcounter.com

it's all pretty self explainatory once you visit that site.

hope this helps,

pete

11:01 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

I went and did this!

I even put my own link up.

If it works, cool.

If not, I whored myself out for nothing. :)

11:32 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

The offer I signed up for already went through! 1 step closer :)
I'm impressed at how organized this site is- they show your status right up front so it's easy to track.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

man... you don't help us get ours. instead you sit and wait until we get ours (after much work) and then use us as confirmation that it works.... wow I am hurt!

Just kidding... and she is right- it is totally legit. you just have to bug your friends :) Rich and I was waiting for confirmation on our xbox 360 as we speak.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Melanie, I am so sorry for doubting! I should've gone for it when you guys were trying. I think it was mostly pure laziness... and not realizing how sweet ipods really are. Matthew is still teaching me about tech stuff.

Still love me?

2:07 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

status 12/16-offer complete, 3 out of 5 referrals. 2 more referrals and I'm golden!

if you guys are confused about how this works, feel free to comment with questions.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I talked to another friend about the process, he too said it is legit. I have to figure out which offer I am going to complete..Rhapsody hasn't showed up for me...so we will see. I'll keep you updated on where I am in the process however.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Compulsive Net Addict said...

Damn u lucky guys, i live in India and no one gives out free goodies like this here .. now i got to c if i can convince some friend of mine there to get one for me :):):)

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK...I referred you...now people refer me!!!

http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=26087387

6:23 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

This is quite exciting! For those of you that have signed up to get your ipod, make sure you complete the offer you decided to go with, or you won't get credit. Sometimes it can take a little while to go through, so don't worry.
The Rhapsody offer I went with is really great- we've actually decided to keep it (unlimited music for $9.99 per month). It took about 3 days to show up as a credit. Make sure you have your cookies enabled so it will go through.
Then, you're golden!
My status, if all 5 people on my list complete their offers, I'm done! I'll keep you posted and refer people to you guys (once your offer is completed and you're ready for referrals).
Thank you!!!!!

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hullo my wonderful daughter-in-law,
I went to the ipod site but it says it can't deliver to PO boxes so it looks like I can't complete it. Sorry Charlie. I tried. I am praying for you all to have a very happy, love-filled Christmas. Thanks for letting me know you received my parcels...that put my mind at ease. I haven't seen yours yet but I'll go look again today. Thanks! Love you...Micki

10:25 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Question for you all- is the ipod tracking website showing that your offer has been completed? So far only 1 of them is showing up as complete. In order to get your ipod, you actually have to finish your offer- so if you signed up for BMG, you have to order your cd's and the 1 you pay for. Other free trials, you need to download the program (make sure your cookies are enabled) and then log in at least once.

Please post any questions you may have. (Thanks Joel for completing your offer!)

12:41 PM  
Blogger suz said...

Hi Cristina,
I hope it is ok to leave a quick message. I found your blog while reading a recent post of my friend Catherine (Iguessthatslife.blogspot.com). I do not think that it is a coincidence that you found her blog. I am so proud that Jesus lead you to comment and that you followed his lead. Sometimes, it is hard for those of us who are close to her to impact her like a total strange can. Please pray for Catherine. She has lost her way, but I know that God loves her and he will continue to yearn for this one sheep that has gone astray. I am in campus ministry and I simply love working with college students. You can reach me on myspace if you'd like. I am Suzanne.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home