Friday, December 02, 2005

welcome back to reality

Oregon was so great! Really, when else can you manage to gather 23 people into one place and eat nonstop for a week? Oh, and don't forget the amazing view of the ocean, which was literally right outside our window. No beach, just ocean. I was a bit afraid it would crash through our window if it stormed... but alas, we managed to avoid such a tragedy. They even had spot lights so we could still see the crashing waves from our windows in the middle of the night.

I miss my family. So many people take for granted having their loved ones close by. Any given holiday, birthday, or Sunday dinner spent with all of the cousins, grandparents, parents, siblings. That is my greatest dream. It might sound lame, but to a girl that has spent her entire life tossed back and forth in different homes and different states (always missing most of my family), it sounds like heaven. Maybe that's how long I'll have to wait... but I'll keep dreaming in the meanwhile. Goodbyes are hard.

So, back at the ranch... we stepped off the plane to insane cold and snow... and it's been snowing ever since! I'm back at work hardcore. Nothing makes me feel more appreciated and valued than having to make up for the days I was gone on vacation. My manager took away my days off. I have no days off till the end of next week and four 12 hour shifts to look forward to. None of this is suprising, however, so I shall not pretend to be shocked.

The best part of today- the walk home after closing. The snow is so glittery! Snow has this way of making everything seem peaceful and innocent. Clean. Renewed.

It is definitely looking like Christmas here. Seems a bit odd to celebrate that by buying a huge tree, dragging it up 3 flights of steps, strapping lights on, with colorful glass balls that break if you look at them wrong, and watching the dog's every move because she won't stop drinking the water and puking it up, but... why not!?! Everyone else is doing it!

"I love you, Jesus! I'm going to prove it by having the biggest and BEST Christmas tree EVER!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss You Cristina!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you're back! We were on vacation, the coast no less, and had to say goodbye to our family, as well.

It's hard.
So very very hard.

Where on the Oregon Coast were you?

-Jes

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home