Friday, November 11, 2005

Fry Forum-bring it!


Good morning Starshine, the Earth says, "Hellooooooo!"

This post is dedicated to Ore-Idea Extra Crispy microwave french fries. For those of you who ordered your coupon, and are dying to give your opinion on how they tasted... here it is!

Pictured above is the kind I picked out to try. Regular price is just over $1. There is not a lot in the box, so don't expect to feed 3 or 4 people with it. I did the experiment when I was babysitting our friends' little 2 year old girl, Rayna- there was just enough for the 2 of us.

Very clever concept for cooking them- you actually sandwich the fries between the two walls of the box and they become baking sheets in the microwave.

Most of the fries did come out nice and crispy, although I had some bad soggy ones too. Rayna enjoyed them, but I think she liked the ketchup more. She would dip the fries and suck the ketchup off, which led to not eating the fries and just dipping her hands in the ketchup and sucking on them, then smearing it all over her face. I, however, was able to control myself and actually eat the fries- they were pretty good!

Overall opionion: 4 stars out of 5. I like them better than the regular frozen fries, but I'd still rather jump the fench in our backyard and go to BK. But hey- free is free, right?!

Okay, for all you who've tried them, leave your comments and your rating! If you haven't and still want to get in on the 'action', go to: www.freeeasyfries.com and get yours. We'll wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Well Cristina,
I too tried the free easy fries, and had a similar thought process. They were in a smaller amount then I thought they would be, however they actually tasted better then I expected. I think that I would try them again...but i would go for the Crispy Kringles kind next time.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home