Wednesday, November 09, 2005

the course of phlem

I'm getting better... I think... really congested, though. Funny how when I was really sick I would've been a jerk for leaving work, but now that I'm actually feeling a bit better but hacking all the time, I think everyone at work wished I would go home. Ha! I did break out the hand sanitizer a few times to make them all feel more at ease.

While the assistant manager was out today, this guy came in and dropped off this large metal hanger shaped thing. He implied she'd know what to do with it, so I didn't ask questions. I jokingly tried to shove it into her mailbox and we had a chuckle. When she got back, I showed it to her and she was clueless as to what it was. As I was holding this thing, I spotted a chunk of hair and flesh stuck to one corner and had a mental flashback from my childhood.

There we were, us 4 sisters, rollerskating in our garage. This day was different, though, there was a deer hanging upside down, in the middle of the garage, by it's feet- no skin, no head, blood dripping from it's neck.

"This 'hanger' is no ordinary hanger- it's a deer hanger- and recently used!" I dropped it and ran to the bathroom to wash my hands. Apparently her husband's buddy dropped it off so she could bring it home for him to 'use'.

Tomorrow is my 'Saturday'. Typically an exciting day of cleaning and lounging. Tomorrow, however, I am forced to spy for my manager. (I got suckered into it because I was sick at home Monday, on an extremely busy day). I will be driving over an hour to another furniture store to 'check out the competition'. The whole secret shopper aspect makes me feel like a secret agent-plus, I'm looking forward to the drive.

I better go- Bertie is scratching loudly at her metal bowl. Hint perhaps? I really shouldn't think about bearing children till I can remember to feed the dog on a regular basis.

10 Comments:

Blogger Gordo said...

ok I'm sorry but hunting is just NASTY

BTW I havent even met Bertie yet :(
I hope to soon

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cristina! Hello! I love you! Talk to you soon!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Gord, since Bertie won't be taking a plane ride anytime soon, does that mean you're coming to visit!? You should come for Christmas... we have a guest room all set up for you!
Perhaps you should meet my friend Rachel. Over Christmas, we shall arrange a marriage and start a family commune in Oregon. Yes, that is the plan. It is done.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Gordo said...

I would LOVE to come for Christmas and marry Rachel and start a family commune in Oregon!

...but I just signed up for my GMAT in early Jan. and now I have to study :( The course cost me 1500 bones too :(

I'll be in Ottawa alone deeply immersed in my text books slightly inebriated from the rum in my eggnog...hopefully it will all be worth it!

...cheers some eggnog to me on Christmas day!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Gordo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Gordo said...

G.N.U.T. said...
wait!!

changed my mind.

Flight is booked!!

Can you feel the love??!!

teh gman is about to take over Minnesota!!!!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

We're SO EXCITED! Pack your long underwear and Christmas tree- we'll make it worth your while!
Oh, and Rachel- we've arranged for you to get married over Christmas. Okay?

4:21 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

of course I'm kidding.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Mr. Cherry said...

Or is she. wha ha ha..... (think evil laugh) Im so excited my bro is coming to MN for Christmas! What a great day!

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes! im engaged!

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home