Friday, November 11, 2005

productive nausea

Monday when I was home sick I found a bit of energy. I drug (or is it dragged) myself off the sofa and found my paints and a blank canvas board. Inspired by my new blog design I painted a bird eyeing 'the' flying worm. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Click on the BlogGallery link to the left for a direct link. You can get a better view if you click on the picture then, when it enlarges, click on the box that appears. It will give you more detail.

Thank you for your comments. Even if you think it's terrible, I enjoy hearing personal interpretations. Try not to beat me down too bad, though, I am still sick. *cough*

2 Comments:

Blogger gerard said...

It took me till now to realize what band this is. In fact it took me till now to realize that it is your blog that loads it. I often load the blogs all at once and read through them one at a time. and i often would think that the song i was listening to seemed to have lost its rhythm. then realize there was another song playing over it. rinse and repeat at least 3 times.

I saw Majorie Fair in concert a few weeks ago. They opened for Tegan and Sara. They must have played this song because it sounds very familiar. Good choice.

I heard through the grape vine (i.e. brielle and sam) that we were at Dordt for one year together. I will have to look up your yearbook picture cause this shot of you does not look familiar to me.

anyway. well done with the bird. ill give it another look in a few days and let you know if i have any thoughts.

2:31 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I would really like to see Marjorie Fair in concert- I like what I've heard so far. Tegan and Sara as well! Could you see the video that popped up with the (Empty Room) song? I was really hoping people would be able to see it.

Yes, we did coexist for a year at Dordt! I think I look different now- perhaps a little more like 27 and a little less like I'm 12. One can wish. I had short, sort of spikey hair and was roomates with Heather Johnson, Kristin Anderson, Donna VanHofwegen, Rebecca DeHoog... does that help?

In any case, you will know us next year!

Congratulations on getting hitched to Brielle in a couple of months- she's a keeper!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home