Saturday, November 19, 2005

bertie_bot reporting for duty

I conquered Camfrog yesterday. Sure did. What, you don't believe me?

First I went into the webcam chat room 'invisible' so I could make sure there weren't any sketchy pervs on the prowl. I know, I'm a weenie.

As soon as the messages started bleeping all over my page, I popped on the mustache. Oh yeah, it did the trick. Some guys actually thought it was real. How sad, especially since it was a big handle bar style. Apparently I make a better looking guy than I thought! It started a big debate about how Canadian men prefer hairy women. Bertie made a few appearances- tricks and all. However I'm learning this was a bad idea because several people have asked to take her off my hands. One guy was really insistent on it. Good thing he's in Italy or Matthew would have to whip out his mad martial arts skillz.

Speaking of Bertie. She has the flu! Weird- I didn't know dogs got the flu. A bit ago she was sitting on my lap shivering, so I went and got her a blanket. As we got all settled she started doing the dry heave bit so I ran her into the kitchen. (I learned from last time that you have to run fast in order to avoid projectile vomiting on the carpet). We made it just in time. I felt so bad for her that I (being the dork that I am) found myself stroking her back and saying, "Shhhh.... it's okay." Hopefully she got it all out of her system- she's back on my lap in her blanket, groaning. Poor Bertie.

Matthew and I are going to Oregon on Monday for a week- do we ever need this break! I'm finding myself freaking out right now. Why is it that as soon as life gets wind that you plan to relax, it falls apart. Work was abnormally insane today. Many things, out of my control, happened on my two days off, and tomorrow (with only 5 hours left till holiday) I have to scramble to pick up the pieces AND hope a LOT of people want to buy furniture from me since I'll be gone for a week.

Funny, funny thing happened today, though! I know this is getting long, but bear with me. I promise it's worth it.

I have two guys that come in and buy furniture from me often. No, more like they put things on layaway, switch every item on the ticket, cancel a few things, take a few things home, return them, then put something new on layaway. And the cycle continued today. What's that? Yes, they are a 'couple'.
The 3 of us were up at the counter when Matthew walked in to bring me out for lunch. He dressed pretty nice and just got a haircut yesterday so he looked like quite the fine man specimen. One of the guys looked at him as Matthew walked by and said under his breath, "get out of dodge."
I looked at him, following his gaze, and said, "What? Are you talking about that guy?" And pointed at Matthew.
"Yeah."
"That's my husband. Did you know that?" I was pretty sure I'd introduced them before.
"Um, no... I do now!"
It was quite awkward after that. I thought it was really funny, but he was clearly embarrased. I couldn't tell if he was hitting on Matthew or if he was intimidated by him and being rude. In any case, we have a new favorite phrase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home