Wednesday, December 28, 2005

posting is terrif-o

I have not posted in awhile. I'm pretty sure it's because I feel trapped in the life of little Cristina McCherry. I decided to add 'Mc' because I can. I met a blogger that got married and neither he or his wife wanted to change their last name to the others, so they made up a new name and both took that one. How cool is that?

So back to my original thought. I feel as though I've been trapped in a tornado- perhaps even an F5. Do you ever get that feeling your arms have been seperated from your body, and your head seperated from it as well. I'm a floating head!

This last week was so great! I had 4 days off of work for Christmas which worked out great because Matthew's brother, Gordon was here from Canada. We had a grand time with him. Matthew was giddy the whole time because he hasn't been able to see any of his family since our wedding because of his visa status. Government jerks. How can they see it as profitable to keep foreigners seperated from their loved ones? So the 3 of us had a great Christmas together. We spoiled each other rotten!

Christmas Eve we drove out to my sister's house for the evening. Christmas day we opened out stockings and after each one we held the prize above our heads and yelled, 'IT'S MINE!'. Then we headed to the Christmas day service at our church. Then we were back at our apartment again to open our presents... and then we ate. I cooked a big Christmas day meal for the 3 of us, Shane, and my Grandpa. A good time had by all.

Yesterday we took Gord back to the airport. We tried to adopt him, but I guess there is some unwritten law you can't adopt someone who is older than you. Go figure. Gord we miss you! Come back to us with your chanting of Eeeee-oooooo... we practiced and cannot master it as well as you.

In other news, I'm quitting my job! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! *cheers all around*.
I've come to the conclusion that it is time to move on. Even if I take a HUGE paycut, I will be a happier version of me. I'm just really tired of getting the beatdown for things like taking my lunch break (45 min-1 hour) on a 12 hour shift. It's ridiculous. I'm preparing myself for the wrath I will suffer when I put my notice in. It takes 3 weeks to train in someone new, so I will give them enough time to find a new slave (because we already have a gal out on maternity leave, and were shorthanded before SHE left).

This is long and drawn out- I apologize. Anyone who has read this entire post is entitled to 1 free ipod. :)
http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=25980718 Please excuse my shamelessness.

Love,
Cristina

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEah! I am SOOO happy! :) You deserve much better! and i have news for you, i am going to try and do a blog. i may need help.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

your getting out!! that is great :) you worked hard and deserve a little break. money costs time... and you have given enough of yours recently!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Gordo said...

Christmas was awesome.
Love you guys,
G

9:34 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

It's weird not having you here anymore, Gord. Bertie keeps running around looking for you!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

sweet! I'm happy you're getting out! It is so important to enjoy your work. Think about how much time you spend there!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home