Friday, January 06, 2006

"When can you start?"

Today's second interview went great! I met with Mary, her sister Michelle (who I will be taking over her job doing their huge yearly catalog), the owners, and the executive director. I was a bit nervous at first- all these people staring at me, asking me questions. It went so well, though, and I felt no pressure to be someone I'm not. It felt like we were just a group of friends hanging out having coffee.

At one point during the meeting, Mary turned to her dad (the owner) and said, "I told you she was quality". They are really excited about me working there! There is only one detail yet to take care of. They are meeting right now to figure out what my 'package' will be, as in what I will be paid and what benefits they will offer. Really, I feel such a peace about all this, that I'm sure whatever they offer will be just what I need. I'm not worried in the least.

Commence Phase Two: Telling my manager and the owner I'm leaving. One of our warehouse guys tried to leave about 2 weeks ago. The manager guilted him so bad that he cowered back into his place. Sheesh...I thought signing that contract in blood when I started was just a quirky formality! Does anyone have a garlic necklace and wooden stake I can borrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home