Friday, January 06, 2006

The Call.

I am so amazed at God's faithfulness.

Throughout this process of deciding to leave my job I've been really worried about what people at work will think when I turn in my letter of resignation. My whole life, really, I've been catering to what other people want me to do. Right now I'm so tired that I can think of nothing better to do than sleep. But the decision has been liberating.

Have you ever known God's presence to be with you? So often we question, 'God, where are you?' He never promised in His Word that we wouldn't face rough situations. He continues to promise, however, that He will calm us from the inside out, and give us direction/wisdom.

Yesterday I took a day for me. I drove to a town an hour away and went shopping with all the gift cards I got for Christmas. It was nice not feeling rushed. On the way home, a gas station had their lit up sign posted with this message, "God gives us big dreams, so we can grow into them." I started thinking about the person that owns that gas station. When they were young, I'm pretty sure they weren't announcing to the world, "I'm gonna pump gas when I get bigger!". But wherever we end up in life (at the different stops) we have the choice to be content with where life has paused.

I feel God with me right now. He understands my heart and that is so comforting. The entire time I've worked at Slumberland, I've wanted something more. He gave me an introverted spirit- I enjoy being on my own, creating things with my hands. I love being with other people too (don't get me wrong), but I NEED time on my own to recollect myself. I haven't had energy after the long, draining hours at Slumberland to do much of anything.... so I'm really looking forward to an 'out'. Even if this other position doesn't work out- I am fine with that. I feel peace- something I haven't felt in a long, LONG time.

This morning when I woke up, the phone rang, and I knew who would be on the other end. It was Mary calling about the position we met about last week. The owners of the company are back and want to meet me. I have another interview in an hour.

Today I will probably find out if I have a new job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home