Saturday, January 07, 2006

Indeed!

I got the job! Mary called last night and told me they definitely want me to work there. She said she understood if I wanted to think about it- I told her there was no thinking necessary. There was one thing that solidified it all.

On Wednesday night when I was getting ready for bed, this number popped into my head. I thought it was strange, not being able to get this number out of my head, but then I 'knew'. God put in my mind the amount they were going to offer me per hour at this tour company. Keep in mind, I didn't know if I was going to be offered the job- if I was, I didn't know if it would be salary or hourly. I told Matthew, and he thought I was crazy.

When I talked to Mary last night she offered me that EXACT amount. HA! I felt my spine shiver when she said it. God is so amazing. I think we all have this idea of God being this unreachable being. He cares about the things we care about (even the littlest things)- and He will let us know it in ways we least expect.

Anyways, I have the dirty job now of quitting my current job (Monday is the big day). I felt like such an evil person today sitting through our weekly group meeting. The owner of the store pegged me as his 'golden boy' for the month. He's expecting me to sell way more than anyone else because I've been doing so well this month. He went on an on... oh bother.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melis and I wish you the best on the big task of resigning in a couple days. Maybe with you and other people leaving it will be a wake up call to the management. . .a blessing in disguise for them. Congrats on your new position!

2:01 AM  
Blogger donna said...

Congrats Cristina!!!

Your new job sounds really interesting- I can't wait to hear about it!

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Cristina!!!
It must be a great relief to be leaving your current job, minus giving notice and finishing out your time there (I don't envy your day tomorrow). I hope all goes well with the transition and will pray for you. The new job sounds like a great fit. What a blessing to have the job find you because of doing so well at the one you didn't like.
Praise God!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends and family. THANK YOU for the encouragement. Seriously, you guys don't know how much it means.
Here goes nothing!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh snap!

WTG Cristina!

hey ask matt to email me some pics.
oh also I deleted my blog.
G

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah! i am SOOO excited for you! it sounds perfect!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Gordon Cherry, what in the world did you do THAT for!?! Can you get it back... or did you do it on purpose?
That is terribly sad.

11:57 AM  
Blogger nokomis said...

hooray for new jobs... congratulations.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was just scanning the links on Donna's (I'm a friend of hers )page and I read your most recent post. I just have to say that God is awesome. He has been giving me numbers latley too. He gave me the number to my GRE score, and some other ones I have yet to see pan out. But it is amazing the amount of love He has for us to care about the details. So Amen to that!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah I deleted it I want to make a new one. will come soon with many tales of wonder and woe.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home