Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday.

I'm becoming increasingly aware of my accident prone tendencies. With crazy life changes come difficulty to pay attention to something so menial as keeping my body safe. In the last 2 weeks I have received 3 deep tissue bruises. One to my hand playing ultimate frisbee (my entire thumb and palm swelled up and turned black and green... the second happened last weekend and was by far the most painful. I nailed my knee on a minivan door when I was jumping out. I don't know what I hit it on, but I immediately plastered myself against the front entrance of the store my sister and I were going into and declared myself unable to walk. People were staring. Now, nearly a week later, my entire kneecap is dark purple with white chunks. The pain is still there too, so I think the next step is an x-ray to see if I chipped it or something. Oh, and the third bruise happened this morning. I was carrying Officemax supplies into work when one of the bags disintegrated and a giant 3-hole punch fell on my flip-flop clad foot. Not nearly as impressive looking as the kneecap, but the day is still young!

Tomorrow I'm going with a friend to a HUGE event in Little Falls, MN. It is an arts/crafts/flea market, and from what I've heard, it's the biggest in the state! I'm really looking forward to this weekend in general... I think it will be a lot less stressful since I won't be 'going to Ireland in 5 days'. Ireland... sigh...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any news on the house?

11:34 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Not any solid updates yet. We are putting a counter offer on it tomorrow. There is so much waiting involved in buying a house!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home