Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tuesday.

Wow, Ireland was terrific! Um... kidding. Because everything happened so close to the departure date, and over a holiday weekend, we couldn't get tickets changed in time (without costing the company nearly the entire profit for the tour). So here I am. A bit disappointed but a little relieved. Being that we put an offer on house #2 a few days ago, this week we will be finding out if we own our first home. I suppose it's good to stay in the country for such occasions.

Hey, we got our interview letter from the government! Only a couple of years late, but we'll take it! This is the meeting where they talk to each of us seperately, asking us all sorts of questions about our marriage, to see if it's legit. I keep picturing this dark room with a metal table and a bright lamp being held over my head by a beady eyed officer:

"In centimeters, how tall is Matthew Shane Brian Cherry?"
Sweat dripping down my cheek, "I... uh...I... I CAN'T REMEMBER!"
"Ma'am, we're going to have to deport your 'husband'. How do you expect us to believe that you are in a committed marriage if you can't recall something so trivial? Oh, and I'm going to have to shave your head because you are such a bad wife. Now get out of my sight!"

1 Comments:

Blogger sankey said...

Lol that would be the day haha.... the hair style would surely suit you..not haha no all you have to do is batt youre eyes at the man and let a little tear run down you cherry colord cheeks? lol sounds like a farie tale haha....Well i bet you would rather go into a dark room and be asked questions instead of allways wondering about his papers..well good luck with that!! see you guys sunday maybe!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home