Wednesday, August 30, 2006

work, play, sleep... all in one handy location!

Matthew and I are entering the mixed up world of owning a home. Seriously, I'm scared to death. Not of owning a house, but not being able to pay for said house. We've been dreaming about this moment for so long (everytime our scizophrenic neighbor comes to harass us) but now I am plagued with the what-ifs. What if Matthew is forced to quit his job by our friendly US government AGAIN? What if I get pregnant and can't work? What if our money doesn't stretch as far as we think it will. Somebody slap me PLEASE!

I'm worrying too much, I know. Okay, it ends here. You are all my witnesses. If you catch me worrying about this again, I give you permission to kick me in the knee then pull out 5 eyebrow hairs. Eyelashes are off limits because, well, they are still white and rather delicate. You wouldn't pull out a white eyelash would you?! They are practically an endangered species.

Anyways, we are looking seriously at a couple of homes in Roseburg, and here is your chance to put in your 2 cents. Opinions please!

This first house is located on Broccoli Street and well, how neat would it be to live on a street named after my favorite vegetable?

Plus, this house reminds me of Jon and Kelli's house. We love Jon & Kelli... so that means we must love this house.

Here are the bonuses to this house:
-fireplace in the living room
-newly updated kitchen
-landscaped yard
-lots of space inside to 'spread out'
-wood floors- nice, dark, wood floors.


This second house is only a year old. It's in a new neighborhood that is currently being developed. New neighborhood= young neighbors.
Here are the bonuses to this house:
-really neat fountain in the front walkway
-office right inside that window overlooking said fountain (with french doors!) Since I will be working from home, an office is huge in my book.
-two sinks in the master bathroom. Matthew is determined to prove that my sink will be dirtier than his. Yeah right. Hairy face means hairy sink!
-huge deck in the back that overlooks mountains and any new neighbors that will inhabit the upcoming houses (we'll always have a view because the house is built on a hill.
-2 stall garage to escape the winter rain. I've never owned a garage before... or anything else with walls! This is exciting!

9 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Hi Cristina! They both look like they have some advantages. Does one feel more like home?

7:38 PM  
Blogger meganleah said...

They both sound good. I like #2 best. Which is weird for me because I've never chosen new construction house for my own houses. It looks cute.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

I'd be nervous about the neighbors with #2. You may end up with people on all sides of you, so close that you can watch each other through the windows...unless you like that sort of thing. :)

Are these the final 2 choices?

#1 looks cute. Do you have interior pics?

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, Cristina... take it from me... if you didn't have those fears then you wouldn't care nor be who you are!! (And we love you just the way you are!!) I don't think I have had too many months go by in the last 9 years that I didn't wonder if could make the mortgage!!

Broccoli? Your fav veggie? Must be genectic.

So what if you get pregnant? You'll make it. Look at us! (We have managed so far... even when told we can't because of the STUPID "starving artist" bit.) And take it from me... your $$ will stretch farther that you can imagine ... I have proof!!

If you want a fountain I know of this great place in Eugene that can hook you up with a fantastic artsy one. Just stop by for a visit!

As for the kick in the knee... you'll be kept in check.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

#2! :) I know what you mean about being nervous

11:45 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I think they both look great, but I am biased towards garages, and a great view so I would have to go with #2.

11:10 AM  
Blogger donna said...

I'm with Megan- I usually don't like newer houses, but I like #2. Although I do love hardwood floors, so it's a close call.

4:00 PM  
Blogger sankey said...

My oppinoin is probley worth maybe a paso..lol if that even....so im not even gonna say which one because I think they both look neat!

Love the brocoli street by the way!haha that made me laugh...

I know you guys will pick the right one!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Thanks you guys! This is so helpful! Mom and Dad went and checked out the Broccoli house and it was a bust. Not worth the asking price compared to House #2. Now that we've decided we have to wait.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home