Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sorry for stealing your thunder, Minnesota.

I'm not so sure Oregon is happy that Matthew and I are here now. We seem to have brought the Minnesota snow with us. Funny, I distinctively remember leaving that there. We really enjoyed the unexpected snowstorm we were blessed with this week. Tuesday was Dad's birthday, so the 4 of us celebrated by going out to eat then back to their house for games and dessert. That night is when the snow started. By the time we were leaving everything was covered in white and the biggest flakes I'd ever seen were rapidly falling from the sky. After 5 seconds of marveling at the beauty surrounding us, the 4 of us said goodnight with an all-out snowball fight! Matthew and I were quite the team against Mom and Dad. Unfortunately for them, we had our car to hide behind, so they were pretty wide open for our attacks. Fortunately for them, I have terrible aim and only hit them 3 or 4 times out of probably 50 shots.

The next day, we woke up to announcements on the radio of nearly ever school in a 60 mile radius closed. So naturally, I expected to see mountains of snow on the ground when I looked out the window. Yeah, there was maybe 2 inches on the ground. I had a good laugh, thinking about Minnesota and how horrible the weather would have to get for us to have a snow day. Many people live up in the mountains here, though, and black ice on the road can be treacherous. The snow continued to fall steadily all afternoon on Wednesday. I took pictures with my 35mm camera (nearly locking myself outside in my pajamas) so sometime I'll have to get them transferred to a disc and post them for your viewing pleasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home