Sunday, January 07, 2007

new fridge!

Matthew and I are now the proud owners of home appliances. We purchased a washer, dryer, and new refridgerator since moving into our home and were able to get GREAT deals on all of them! The best was our refridgerator, though. Call me weird but I've been dreaming about owning a refridgerator that has water and an ice crusher/dispenser since I was in highschool. Some people want expensive clothes, others want diamonds, I dream of crushed ice. Through an odd series of events, we ended up getting our 26 cubic foot, side by side, ice cube/crushed ice and water dispenser Fridgidaire that was $1099... for $500!!! Hooray! It was delivered yesterday :)

This morning Matthew and I went to church with my parents. We're checking out different chuches in the area to find out where we 'fit' best. This morning we went to Redeemer's Fellowship. Our impression? Great pastor, great sermon. We're going to try another church next week-I'll post a review for anyone who's interested. I hope that in the process of finding a home church, we'll also learn a lot about the ministries in place in this area.

Hmm... I think I'll go see how Sid, our icemaker, is hanging in there. He's making his first batch of ice right now! Yeahhhhh!

5 Comments:

Blogger WAKonings said...

Congrats on the new pad!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love that you named the icemaker Sid. That was the name of Mark's old phone!

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

You crack me up Cristina...that's what I love about you. The simple things in life... Still no baby boy Hohm here, but you will be happy to know that I finally went and bought new bamboo blinds for our dining room where the nasty old broken ones have been for years. I also bought a new light for the dining room, and new ones for both our bedroom and rayna's room. who knew I had it in me? I'll have to put a picture up on our blog because it has only been 3 years or so that it's needed to be done. Talk to you soon.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Kelli, you got blinds? That is the most exciting thing I've heard all day! I can't wait to see them... in fact- I'm going to fly out there in 2 weeks just to see your blinds. Maybe there will be time for you and I to talk too.

I really am coming... Feb 5-9- mark it on your calendar! (I just found out yesterday)

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home