Monday, December 11, 2006

blockage

Everytime I've sat down to write something on my blog, it's like I run into a concrete wall. I log in, click on 'Create Post', sit for awhile staring at the blank field then, after my head starts hurting, I close the window. So this is a major breakthrough for me. One paragraph down...

So much is going on around me, yet I can't grasp it, so I sit here half dazed. Matthew and I are still waiting on the mortgage lender to tell us if we own a home. I'm convinced that one never truly feels like they own their house. Even after moving in and painting the walls, I wonder if we will feel it. It seems like the waiting is never ending and like these companies want to make sure they've scared us silly before they actually say yes. "You mean you won't give us your first born as a down payment? Oh, well then, I'm not so sure we can help you."

We went in to the DMV to get our new Oregon drivers' licenses on Friday. I even took extra care to do my hair and put on makeup before going in, trying to avoid the just crawled out of bed, deer in the headlights look I've usually gotten back. We walked in and found out we have to take a written exam to get a license here. Who made it okay for Oregon to have a different set of driving rules? 12 years after going through driver's ed in Minnesota, we now get to 'relearn' how to drive. Because we don't own a home, we weren't even allowed to take the test or get our pictures taken. Bummer. But the guy did say that as long as we don't have an address, we can't get in trouble with the police for not having an Oregon license. The vagabond existence is looking pre-tty good about now.

I'm really sorry to all of you Minnesota friends reading this but I have to say, the weather has been great here. Yeah, it rains sometimes, but it has been in the 50's... a lot! Most of the time I don't even have to wear a jacket. It's only a halfhearted victory over the Minnesota winters, though, knowing my friends are suffering. Hang in there!

Bedtime.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicholas Davis said...

Hey Cristina, If you want some inspiration about home buying / you want to know the process DOES end, I blogged 7-8 times about my experience if you want to read. I even organized them for you here: http://nicholasdavis.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_blogpart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=cat%3dA%2bNew%2bHome

As far as weather, you missed out on -8 degree-to-mid 40's weather within a 36 hour period. Still no snow. Are you sure you don't miss MN weather?

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupid technology:) I hope you're able to get into that house real soon. So what's the alternative right now? aka where are you living? Thanks for rubbing in 50 degrees although I'm pretty used to hearing about good weather from my family in California!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering where I would send a Christmas photo and letter? You talk about having mo address, does that mean I do not get to send you a card this year? Let me know.
About owning your own house, it is a wonderful thing and the right time and right house will come around.
Kelly

2:01 PM  
Blogger sankey said...

Hey you! i havent talked to you in such a long time! im sorry ive been a "lazy blogger" lol.. Hows it going?! i miss you guys so much!! hah im hoping for some snow! All were gettting over here is some 30s-40s im hoping for a white christmas haha... WELL im sorry i didnt have time to say much BUT! i will next time! until later

Luke

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!All of your friends are sweet!Ray and I really want to send you and Matt best wishes!

Christmas Day is coming,tell me about it later~such as your plan,holiday,parties...

PS:I am a Chinese girl who really want to know some friends of Cristina!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

hey cristina...hang in there, the process will end. hope you're doing good...i have the tiredness when I come to blogging, no words to say and no energy to say them. Baby is behaving himself and staying put though, so that's a relief. we need to talk soon. i miss my friend.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home