Monday, November 20, 2006

Authorization To Disclose Health Information.

Right before Matthew and I left Willmar, we ran around town requesting copies of our medical records just in case we need them out here in Oregon. I started reading mine tonight and I have to tell you, it's quite interesting to read how my doctors described me in their reports. After reading the following remarks, you'll understand why I highly recommend you do the same- even if you aren't moving and just need a pick-me-up.

08/28/90
"62 1/2 pounds. Height 55 1/2. This plots out for Cristina to be on approximately the 10th percentile in height and slightly less in the fifth percentile in weight." (In 7th grade- it's no wonder I got picked on all the time!)

08/27/94
"Chief Complaint: Foreign body, stepped on pencil.
History: Bottom of her right foot. She has a laceration .5 cm long, it is fairly deep...x-ray confirms foreign body presence... a t-shaped incision is then made...small fragment of lead is then removed, but more is suspected to be there."

05/03/95
"Cristina is a very pleasant young lady. She is thin and small with very fair skin. She has dark hair and numerous pigmented macules studded across her posterior shoulders." (macules=freckles)
"No evidence of scabies" (Wow, what a relief!)

02/01/98
"A 19-year old white female, college student, who was seen in the emergency room because of abdominal pain and found to have a presumed appendicitis and being admitted at this time."

01/15/03 (from an East Indian doctor to my normal family practice doctor)
"I had the pleasure of seeing Cristina in the GI clinic regarding her recurrent episodes of abdominal pain... thank you very much for letting me participate in her care. As you are well aware of, Cristina is a pleasant 24 year old white female..."

Aww... thanks, guys. Your reports gave me all sorts of warm fuzzies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home