Saturday, October 14, 2006

Lasts.

This morning when I woke up I realized this would be my last Saturday to sleep in while living in our apartment. With so many noisy thoughts, I couldn't fall back asleep. So I didn't really 'sleep in' by sleeping in standards. Thankfully there's still the Saturday laziness goal to achieve. It is now 11:49am and I'm sitting here in my pj's with messy hair and morning breath. When I first woke up I started in with the packing, but said to myself, "Cristina, this is your LAST lazy Saturday morning for a long time!" So here I sit.

In a couple of hours when Matthew returns from drum lessons, he and I will be off and running. We have several errands to run, then we'll head to my sister's house (see cute kid pictures from a couple of posts ago). We'll spend the next couple of days there before we have our big interview with government officials Monday morning. They will decide for us if we are married because we love each other vs. married just to keep Matthew from being deported back to Canada. We should probably make a list of things to fight about in front of the officials- they might be a bit suspicious if we are too lovey. Ideas are welcome.

It is no longer snowing. Oh wait, I haven't looked outside yet today. Hold on. Nope, no snow. Oh, I forgot to share a little story with you guys! Wednesday night when it was snowing like crazy, I decided to take Bertie out to play in the first snow of the season. Poorly dressed (wearing a t-shirt), I locked myself out of the apartment building by accident. It was so cold, and with all of the snow, I couldn't find rocks to throw at the window to get Matthew's attention. He had no clue I was even outside! Not one of my best moments.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

tina dos mathew no about the e-mails
zoey

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we get our remodeling done, or at least usable, by the time you get here, you'll be able to sleep in. If its not, well, we've got ear plugs.

I am looking forward to your moving here so much! Hangout time with you is good when we have the opportunity.

I see that Zoey responded to your blog. She has been writing me really long emails and she's only been in 1st grade a little more than a month! How did she figure out how to respond?

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. We pray that Monday with the officials will produce proof of permanent residency and freedom to travel wherever you want. Tell them you haven't been able to go on your official honeymoon to Mexico because Matthew can't leave the country!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

That had to be a fun drive home! Teeth chattering and your toes turning purple... good thing your car runs on toast (at least you had a warm snack waiting for you, right?).

PS- any of you readers out there that haven't, check out 'the useless men' blog... you won't be sorry.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home