Sunday, November 19, 2006

House hunting

Matthew and I went house hunting with my parents yesterday- man, that was crazy! We looked at so many places that my head is still spinning. Being here is still so surreal (we HAVE only been here 2 days). I find myself missing all things Willmar. I'm sure that's normal when nothing is familiar. At least I'll try to convince myself of it.

Today we went to church with my parents, which was neat. When we got there, a woman named Sharon was greeting people as they came in the door. I noticed she had part of her arm missing, and when I approached, she took me into a big, enveloping hug. It was perfect and needed. She pressed her cheek up against mine, and I felt like I was back in Willmar getting a hug from Kathy Palke or Gail Nelson. I'm sure she has no idea how much God used her to bless me today- someone she'd never seen before.

It's raining today, so I'm not sure if we'll go out house hunting again today. I'm starting to get a little nervous about us being able to afford a house of our own- I'm sure another normal feeling for first time home owners. The housing market here is so strange- new houses are the same price as older, fixer uppers. What's that about!?! So we'll probably end up getting a new home, which I totally don't feel like I deserve, especially since my parents are currently living in a fixer-upper. We are looking forward to having our own space to decorate, after several years of ooing and ahhing at Jon&Kelli's house :)

Mike and Sally- you two are amazing! Last night we got back to my parents' house after 9 hours of house hunting, to find flowers waiting for us on the porch. We miss you! Maybe we could convince the next door neighbors to move out so we can be neighbors again. The flowers are beautiful- thank you!

2 Comments:

Blogger epikblog said...

hey guys
we miss you and hope all is well, it is good to read the blogs and staying connected that way, keep em coming... I am praying for you on the whole house thing

can't express in words how much I miss you both
Jon

10:45 PM  
Blogger Rachel Gora said...

Your mom always makes me cry when i read her comments! I can tell that she loves you guys so much!!! :) I am glad that you are with your family!!!!

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home