Thursday, January 19, 2006

Day off!

Today is the big day. I'm going up to Jennelle's house (1.5 hours away)to get my hair chopped, and to hang with her and the kids, and bro-in-law Matt aka burn victim. He's doing much better now! You can only see small patches on his face where his skin is still trying to heal. His hand is still pretty damaged, but being he was completely engulfed in flames from the waist up (a month ago), and that is the only place still badly damaged... I think he's counting his blessings. It should've been a lot worse. I am positive God knew Matt needed a miracle- to feel His presence in his life.

Last night I did something stupid. I watched a show that accidentally got recorded with another show I taped. You guys ever seen Supernatural? I don't deal well with scary- I should've realized this would not be a good thing for me to feed my mind right before bed. To make a long story short, this town is under the rule of a pagan-god that the pilgrims brought over from Europe. It (in the form of a scarecrow in an apple orchard) 'blesses' this town if the people give it a man and woman sacrifice every year. The show scared the snot out of me- I was shivering and clinging to Matthew by the end.

Thankfully, it didn't seep into my dreams. My dreams are extremely vivid. Last night's scene was another Slumberland fiasco turned into road trip. Somehow I ended up in a wooded trailor park with a HUGE frog chasing me and my dog- only the dog wasn't Bertie. It was a little orange curly thing. No worries, the poisonous frog got it in the end- I picked it up by it's head and threw it discus style.

2 Comments:

Blogger amelia said...

Who-hoo! Can't wait to see pics of the new do! Thanks for updating us on Matt. I've been wondering how he is doing. So glad to hear he is recovering well.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Gordo said...

uh pics plz and ty
I need haircut too
G

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home