Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Absolutely Monday.

Today was, well interesting to say the least. I kept hearing these crazy, loud noises in our house, which definitely put me on edge. Not long after the noises started, Bertie started barking at something, so I went to inspect. I found her by the front door and decided to humor her, even though I didn't hear anyone knock. As I opened the door, I saw a lady walking away from our front door. Bertie, of course, barked louder which made it hard for me to hear what she wanted. So I pulled the door closed just enough to where she couldn't get out, but not completely shut because I knew the door was locked on the inside. The lady asked me if our house is for sale... or if we recently bought the house. I told her we recently bought the house. As she started to walk away, Bertie jump-kicked the door shut, locking me out of the house.

I looked under every landscaping stone, thinking maybe the previous owner had one hidden. Nope. I tried breaking in through a window. I got as far as removing a screen and killing one spider before giving up on that one too. Finally, I went knocking on doors, looking for someone that might let me use their phone. Looking quite attractive in my glasses and sporting one goopy eye (I have a slight eye infection), I was just thankful that I'd changed out of my pajamas when that lady came snooping around our house. Does it seem weird to anyone else that she never knocked or rang the bell, yet she was walking away from my front door when I opened it? Anyways, I finally found someone with a phone and tracked down Matthew to come home (20 minute drive) to let me in. My knight in shining armor.

6 Comments:

Blogger KI said...

That was a great welcome wagon technique, to welcome yourself to the neighborhood, wasn't it? Great plan Cristina! I'm impressed!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Yeah. That and the postcard my parents
(also our realtors) hand delivered to the entire neighborhood with our picture plastered across it... Ha!
"You're the one on the postcard, right?" That is pretty typical to hear these days.

2:56 PM  
Blogger adam&danae. said...

at least you know your house isn't so easy to break into! and maybe your neighbors will feel bad for you and bring you cookies. oh, and that lady saw your guard dog, so she won't mess with you anymore. yeah birdie!

4:09 PM  
Blogger adam&danae. said...

p.s. did you get the cotton candy kind of amoxicillan??? if you did, you should tell your doctor to hook me up with some of that.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Rachel Gora said...

so sorry i ran off and left you yesterday. i was making a greek pizza! i still got to hear the whole story!

7:55 PM  
Blogger KI said...

Ha, that was the first comment Sheri said to me when I told her about you, "Oh yeah, they're the ones on the postcard I got."
Funny Cherrys! Or funny Cherry parents!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home