Monday, January 15, 2007

weird dog part II

Last night Matthew and I drove to Springfield- partly to see my stepsister Teresa and her two little boys (which did not happen), and partly because we've had a $200 Target giftcard burning a hole in our pockets for several months. We ended up just getting a couple of little things we needed, then bought some presents. Kelli, I can't wait to see you and your new baby- I got something for both of you!

In case you don't remember me talking about Bertie's eating habits, here is what our floor typically looked like at our apartment in Minnesota.
She digs incessantly at her bowl until every piece of food is scattered on the floor. Then she goes around and picks them up... sometimes.

Since we were moving, I got rid of her old nasty bowls. Because of this not-smart decision, she's been eating out of our 'people' bowls. She loves it because they are light enough for her to dump all of the food out. Then she walks up to me with it- all proud of herself. The bowl set pictured below was my favorite purchase last night because it means (hopefully) that we no longer have to tiptoe around dog food.. So far, Bertie hates it. She scratches at the food bowl, whining loudly- it's too high for her to fling kibble everywhere. Ha- I win!
I guess I spoke too soon... I just walked into my bedroom and found her eating my chapstick.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least her lips weren't chapped!

7:23 AM  
Blogger nokomis said...

the battle never stops!

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cristina, Kelli gave me your blog address and I was showing Todd when I read about your dog. We laughed until we cried! How funny. We have a new puppy too...Oliver. A 3 month old ShihTzu. He is awesome! Your house looks adorable. Miss you guys...
todd and nici

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home