Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Oh how I love you, Rhapsody.

Rhapsody is my new best friend. In case you haven't heard of it, it's an online music listening service. For $10 a month, you subscribe to this website where you get unlimited access to listen to as much music as you want. They don't have every single album ever made, but it has to be close.

The reason I love it so much? I work out of my home which, honestly, gets a bit lonely at times. Bertie (our superdog) is nice to have around as well, but Rhapsody tends to be less annoying. It doesn't incessantly whine at me to throw it squeaky toys so it can run and catch it. Don't get me wrong, I love my dog... but I really don't understand how a living creature can play fetch 24 hours a day. On the other hand, I can't cuddle with a computer program.

Today I needed a pick-me-up, so I signed in to Rhapsody and entertained myself by searching for all songs entitled 'Cristina'. I was shocked that there were well over a hundred! So I clicked on a bunch and laughed as I was serenaded by mariachi bands, blues singers, and a couple of creepy Willie Nelson wannabees.

Then I went back in and typed in 'Matthew' and found a good one to send over to my husband at work. His 'Matthew' song was by a grown man, pretending to be a little boy singing about his bike and how cool he is because of it. The only problem with sending him songs is that only one of us can be logged into Rhapsody at the same time.

We have Rhapsody wars pretty much daily, where he randomly kicks out of the program. Then I kick him out. Then he kicks me out... this goes on for awhile till he gives up.

I love my Rhapsody.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love music!!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home