Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Home Alone.

Yep, the husband left town for a few days. Just couldn't stand the pressure anymore... no, not really. All of the youth leaders were invited to drive down to Tulsa, OK to check out the one-eighty ministry down there. They average about 3,000 students a week. We're talking HUGE.

Since we are currently building our youth facility, we want to get some good direction on how to keep students plugged in. This place has obviously got that down. I was so excited to go down, but took one for the team and stayed back. Not only is work incredibly busy (we're trying to get our catalog ready for print), but Matthew and I really can't afford to have both of us missing work for 3 days. So I am here in Willmar, while Matthew and the others are down there living it up. Well, if you count driving 15 hours there 'living it up'. Apparently the driver decided to take a 'short cut' and got lost for a few hours.

It's such a strange feeling being home alone, not expecting anyone to come walking in the door. I'm a bit more paranoid when Matthew is away- listening to little sounds and looking over my shoulder a bit more often. Last night I had such a hard time going to sleep- it was after 1:30am before I finally passed out. I had to keep the tv on up until that point to trick myself into thinking I had company. I'm such a doorknob. I feel the need to point a sturdy finger at my biological Dad that found joy in scaring me any chance he could- always hiding around corners, behind doors, outside our windows. Seriously, that's messed up, don't you think?

I've been keeping myself busy hanging out with friends I don't get to see often, though, which has been great. Last night I had a girl's night with Kristina, and in about 5 minutes I'm heading over to Bob & Erica's for a taco party... yeeehaw!

The icecream truck is passing by- man, I love summer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

I'm alone for the night too. (well, rich will be here later, but he does have class and isn't here right now)

hope you are doing well. feels like forever since we have talked.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home