Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Mystery Men (part 2)

I nearly forgot! I'm pretty sure The Splien came in to Slumberland tonight. I didn't see him... unless he was dressed like my irony customers (you know, the ones that come in two minutes to 9 and are 'just looking'). Here I was, explaining something about a massage chair, or a hutch maybe. I really can't remember. All I can remember is the stench. The gagging reflex kicked in mid sentence, and I felt trapped. This was no 'fluff', folks! How these people pretended they didn't smell anything was beyond me. Maybe they were used to it? In any case, I tried my best to finish the explanation then had to 'excuse myself'.

Then to add more irony to the situation, the Cranberries , "Do you have to let it linger?" song came on over the satellite radio in the store.

It feels good to laugh at a day that would not stop taunting. It feels good to write about something meaningless and *ahem* passing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The Splien?
Old post that I've missed? lol
Anyways...had me gagging right with you, as I cannot handle nasty smells of any sort.
My own kids' dirty nappies make me ::gag::

LOL
Glad you had a good chuckle about it later.
-Jes

1:39 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

:) The Splien is a character from Mystery Men that uses his flatulence to fight crime (I'm pretty sure it's the guy who played PeeWee Herman)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Have to say that I laughed out loud on that one....just watched that movie a few weeks ago myself:)

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home