Thursday, September 22, 2005

It's "Baby" Time!

Jesse and Soar McCall

Jesse and Soar are friends I met while working with Youth With A Mission (YWAM) in Cambodia. Jesse, originally from Oregon, moved to Cambodia with his family and started an amazing church in Phnom Penh. He met Soar while living there, they fell in love and have been happily married for, must be about 5 years now?

Their church family warmly welcomed us to work with them while we were there, teaching english, music, helping with services, etc. It was great! They were very patient with us adapting to the Khmer culture. Plus, God blessed me with a friendship that I knew would span the continents when I left. Soar is such a wonderful woman of God. She has a kind, gentle spirit, and I am so blessed to call her my friend!

So the reason I am writing about these two... they are having a baby! Right now they are in Thailand awaiting little Jessica Faith to arrive (any time now!). Apparently she is taking her sweet time in coming. Their insurance took care of transporting them to Thailand, to a hospital frequented by travelers and tourists. Please join me in praying for Soar as she gets ready to have her little girl. She is a bit worried about how the delivery will go.

"Father, please protect Soar and little Jessica. Keep them safely in Your hands as they go through this transition together. Thank You for the special bond you created between mothers and their babies- I pray that will ease the pain of the delivery. I'm sure You are as excited about Jessica coming into the world as her parents are. Please take away any anxiety they may have, and give them rest and relaxation while they are away from home. May this be a wonderful time for Jesse and Soar to celebrate the love You have blessed them with. Thank you, Father, for creating this new life from that love."

Soar, if you are reading this, hang in there! I miss you!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Amen.

I have to admit, I'm rather fond of that little girl alread. Even though I know neither of them, Baby Jessica & I have something in common. The name. She's my namesake. lOL j/k
Seriously...Lord please let Soar have a beautiful labor & delivery. Fill her with Your Spirit of peace, and allow her to remember every single tiny little detail. Please make the pain minimal, and give her husband a cool head and a calmness when comforting & encouraging Soar.
Bless precious Jessica Faith, and keep her safe.
Amen.

-Jes

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home