Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm back in PLACE... and I'm all up in your FACE...

With a rhyme that I embrace...
uh, can't remember the rest. You get the idea, though, I'm sure.
So I just had the greatest week with my family, for anyone wondering where I had gone off to. Don't worry, my bloggin buddies... the seperation anxiety can subside now .


My mom and dad are out from Oregon aka 'Land of Milk and Honey' for 2 weeks at my sister's house in Big Lake. I somehow managed to arrange my days off and 1 weekend off to where I had 6 whole days off in a row!!! Yeehaw! It was slightly chaotic what with their two dogs, our dog, Jake (3), Zoey (5), Kyla (0), Mom, Dad, Jennelle, Matt (hers), Matthew (mine) and I all staying there. Matt was missing for a few days in there, when he was in Puero Rico for work, though.

We had to go through a whole re-training process with our dog, which was quite the adventure. She's litter box trained at our apartment, so we don't have to hike down 3 flights of stairs to bring her outside. Plus, we thought, "How cool to have a dog that pees in a box!" She was really confused when we stayed in Big Lake. She had a couple of accidents in the house, b/c she couldn't find her litter box and didn't know how to tell us she had to go outside. So we ended up having to go buy her a litter box and litter. Then she was fine. Funny little dog. The trip was so good for her, though. She learned she is, in fact, a DOG!

Kyla is doing really well. She is now 1 month old and cute as a button. ( Short pause to consider if buttons are, in fact, 'cute'.) She has this swirly cowlick in the middle of her forehead, these two big blue eyes, and constantly does this thing where she makes an 'o' with her mouth and sticks out her tongue. It is amazing, the purity, innocence, and dependance she has on her mommy. It's no wonder that God told us we need to have faith like a child. The same devotion Jennelle has to care for this new life, with her self sacrifice (waking up and staying awake in the middle of the night to feed her, changing nasty 'blow out' diapers, calming Kyla when she is upset), God feels the same way about us. He is just waiting for us to cry out to Him for help and love... and for us to love him back. He needs that reciprocation of love from us, just as much as we need His love.

It would be so easy for Him to say, "Hey, I already told you how to do that. How many times do I have to remind you!?!" But He doesn't. Everytime we screw up, He is there waiting, saying, "I've been waiting for you to ask for my help. I love you and I only want the best for you." We really do need to be reminded of that... every day.

More later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

What is this, an info-mmercial?
I'm being invaded!!!

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home