Monday, July 11, 2005

...Monday ensued.









So today was Monday, as you know. Why do people behave so differently on Mondays? Maybe without us knowing it, every Sunday night between midnight and 6am, there is a full moon. I've heard from many a nursing home and hospital staff that people are not normal during a full moon.

This morning I had my weekly one-on-one meeting with the manager of our store. I casually mentioned to him that he should think about scheduling a meeting with our warehouse guys because while he was gone for a week, we heard some rumblings that they are unhappy about a few things. He got this crazy look on his face, saying they are, indeed happy, and that I need to not worry about it. Reading it in a sentence doesn't seem as long and painful as the 15 minute lecture I received.
What's that about!?

Meeting aside, today was not so bad. It was incredibly hot and humid, but I had a song in my heart. Right after I woke up, I read a bit in Romans about not living under the power of darkness that constantly fights to overtake us. So true... and so easy to have a physical feeling of it on a Monday... and on a day when it is hard to take a breath outside because the air is so thick and sticky.

Tomorrow I think I'll package up one of my gymnastics leotards and bring it to my manager.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home