Friday, August 04, 2006

Can I get my hopes up NOW?

Today Matthew made the 2 hour drive to the cities to get his biometrics done again (fingerprints and pictures) for his Permanent Residency Paperwork. Before he left, he came by my work to switch vehicles so I went outside to pray with him about the appointment. Generally these appointments last all of 5 minutes before they shove him out the door and tell him to go home and continue waiting (not willing to answer any questions). Today I prayed that he would have a divine appointment at the biometrics office- that he would meet someone that would be willing to help us.

Well he did. I'm trying not to get my hopes up so high only to be crushed by more unanswered questions, but here is what happened.

While Matthew was having his picture taken, he made conversation with the gal working there. She became so outraged at his situation (that we've been waiting over 2.5 years) that she said, "Do you have a minute? I'm going to go talk to my boss about your papers." Matthew's response was, "If you are willing to help me, I will sit in this chair for the next 3 weeks!" So they went through his paperwork and discovered what we had already assumed- his paperwork has been sitting on someone's desk in Nebraska- untouched- all this time. Right now they are working to find out where EXACTLY it is. Matthew, is waiting at a nearby Borders for them to call him back to the office after they've had a chance to research his paperwork more thoroughly.

Lord, please let this be IT. Could this actually be the day that we are set free from all of this waiting and frustration?

1 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

Matthew's papers aren't officially approved yet, but we have some officers personally working on his case now! It seems his papers were not processed correctly and have been sitting active for a couple of years. They're back in processing now, which is really exciting!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home