Thursday, July 20, 2006

community

Today I had an unexpected meeting with an artist named Shayann Hoffer. I stopped off at a small local market that's held Thursday nights in town. I went to sort of scope it out to see if it's a good location for selling the things I've been making (picture frames, necklaces, etc). It only costs $5 to set up a table for the afternoon!

When I was looking at one display of paintings and prints, the artist happened to notice my Oregon keychain and asked about it (she went to the U of O). That led to a conversation about Oregon, life, creating...

It felt great to connect with someone on a creative level. Here are a few pictures of her work. I really love her use of blocks in her paintings- I really like the color combinations as well... like a dreamland of sorts. If you want to see more, click here







I love this 'Chick' chalk drawing. Very different from the others, but it makes me smile.

2 Comments:

Blogger meganleah said...

Cristina,

I know of Shayann Hoffer but as Shay. Her dad is from the Kandiyohi area. Mary, my sister, actually ran into her not too long ago and saw her art and was really impressed also. Small world.

We went to the Becker Market about a month ago. It's a neat little market. I loved all the mexican homemade food. Nummy! I think it would be a great place to sell your artwork things.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CUTE PAINTING ...LOVE YOU LOVE ZOEY

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home