Monday, August 15, 2005

Jakey as... Spiderman!


Jake in his Spideyroos

During our stay in Big Lake with Jennelle, my parents, and the kids, Matthew and I took Jake and Zoey on an 'Adventure Errand' day. It wasn't that the places we went were soooo exciting, but we tried to make it lots of fun for them. Matthew and Jake chased Zoey and I around Target with the shopping cart, we ate lemonade and hotdogs outside of the grocery store, and we let each of them pick out a cheapo toy to entertain them during the car ride. One of our stops was especially entertaining, though.

Zoey (reminder: she's 5) navigated us to the petstore she went on a field trip to during preschool. I was impressed at how quickly she found it- I probably couldn't have navigated myself around the block and back when I was 5! Anyways, we had to find this store to get some cleaners for an 'accident' Bertie had b/c of her lack-of-litterbox confusion.

We got in there, found the stuff and started looking at all of the cute little animals. Apparently the aquariums with their running water pumps had an effect on Jakey, because pretty soon he was holding himself and sort of prancing a bit. We were instructed to watch him closely because he still has an occasional accident, so right away I found out where their restroom was. It was the typical nasty petstore bathroom- still it was much friendlier than the bathroom in the petstore I used to work at. But there was just one thing- the toilet was at about bellybutton height for Jake. Here is the conversation that followed...

"Jake, I'm gonna have to hold you up"
"Noooo... I can do it!"
"You're going to have to have really good aim then"
He starts doing his thing and does pretty good for about the first 2 seconds. After that, it's spraying straight up in the air, all over the back of the toilet, OVER the toilet, on the wall... you get my point.
"Jake, you've got to aim better than that!"
"I'm twying, I'm twyyyyying..."
I had a really hard time hiding the fact that I was dying to burst out laughing.

Poor kid.

Thankfully, I found some cleaner in the bathroom. I cleaned up before we went out to meet Matthew and Zoey.

They had no clue what they'd just missed.


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

No, I do not want a homeloan, I don't want to check out your 'ad' website, and I am not interested in spamming my 'blog friends'.
Argh.

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Portland Tribune' As Public Square?
Despite the various and sundry protestations from those who have managed to actually remain ... , California Marriage Ruling Nearly Irrelevant To Oregon ...In 2003: 'Oregonian' Turns To Weblogs
I really enjoy reading some of these posts. It is nice to see good blogs out there. I actually have build computer home network site/blog. It is really about build computer home network related stuff.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I figured out how to get the spam off my blog- if any of you have the same trouble, go into your settings and set it to 'no' where it says, "Add your Blog to our listings?".
So far so good!

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to come in here and read this right away because of the loud laughter of diane & alonna.
I think the "pet store bathroom" needed some cedar chips spread around the room.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Hi Uncle Chris! We are so looking forward to seeing you guys at Thanksgiving- I wonder who will get engaged THIS time!?!

I agree on the cedar chips. Maybe they should have a litter box for such events- a lower target would've been helpful for sure!

Hi Alonna and Aunt Diane!!! Alonna, Jennelle asked about you when we were at her house a few days ago. She said she's glad you two are 'pen pals' of sorts.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Okay, first he needs your address, phone number, email, and social security number... just to verify you are a 'real person'. Hey, don't start asking me questions, I'm just the middle man!

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home