Thursday, November 13, 2008

Waiting...

Sorry for the lack of exciting baby news, but Baby Cherry still has not arrived.  We've decided to cut him a little slack since he's technically not due for another 3 days, but with all of the effort my doctors made to keep him inside till he hit full term, we thought he would've arrived by now!  

I went in for my weekly checkup on Tuesday and found out that our little guy is what's called occiput posterior, meaning he's head down, but turned around backwards.  The hardest part of his skull (the back) is resting on my lower spine.  My midwife said that if we can get him turned around, doing different hands and knees stretching exercises, then labor will start pretty quickly, and go really smooth.  If noooooot, then it could take the little guy quite some time to get labor started (up to 2 weeks), and labor could be quite long and painful.  Needless to say, we've been spending a lot of time praying for this little guy.  We are getting quite anxious to meet him!

1 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

Hang in there! I'm so excited for you, and can't wait to see pictures of little Baby Cherry!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home