Thursday, May 19, 2005

...it was a beautiful day!

I haven't been able to enjoy it yet, but it is picture perfect through our 3rd story picture window.

Last night we stayed up waaaay too late- almost 4 am. Actually it wasn't our fault. It was soley the fault of George Lucas... and Anakin and Obi One... yeah we went to the Star Wars midnight showing. It was really good!

I think I already mentioned that Matthew and I are youth leaders at our church. Last night at youth, Jon, the youth pastor focused on the message behind Star Wars. He talked about the consequences of the choices we make.

Yoda warns Luke in the Return of the Jedi; "Beware of anger, fear, and aggression, the dark side are they... Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your future."

Amazing how easy it was for Anakin to fall to the dark side, after a life of letting small anger issues seem normal. He bottled it all up until he was faced with the choice of choose the dark side and save his one true love (by gaining power and saving her himself), or loosen his grip on her future and possibly lose her forever. He chose wrong and headed down the dark path, not realizing how destructive it was. It didn't even dawn on him how much he'd changed for the worst, even as he was trying to kill Padmir, the one he was trying so hard to save!

In the movie, one of the Jedis leaned over to Anakin and said, "The most powerful thing you possess is your power of choice... the choices you make will determine your destiny."

I wonder where I would be now if I had made different choices in my life. I am not in the place to say I haven't made bad decisions at times, but I am so thankful for where I have landed thus far. The Lord has looked after me and spoke words of wisdom into my heart when I didn't know which way to turn. He has blessed me for my willingness to surrender my life to His calling... and that is the greatest adventure I could ever know!

"Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Only fools despise wisdom and discipline." Prov.1:7

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

hey-
are you done bloggine now- or just taking a break? Miss you!
Mel

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home